Meet Campus Recreation
Princeton University Campus Recreation
Mission Statement (2019)
Campus Recreation engages the Princeton University community in co-curricular experiences to inspire lifelong health and well-being.
We aspire to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment where Campus Rec can be the best part of your day!
Princeton Athletics is proud of its unparalleled tradition of Education Through Athletics and Competitive Excellence.
To be a TIGER at Princeton means making the most of incredible opportunities to Achieve, Serve and Lead.
It means developing the values that define the culture of the Department of Athletics:
to be Accountable and Team-oriented; to have Integrity; to be Growth-minded; Engaged, and Respectful.
- Provide an atmosphere where FUN is valued.
- Create and strengthen a sense of belonging and community.
- Cultivate leaders through professional and staff development opportunities.
- Research latest trends and provide modern equipment and facility spaces.
- Deliver diverse recreational opportunities that engage our entire campus.
- Offer programs and services that strive for promoting positive well-being across the seven dimensions of the UMatter Wellness Wheel: Physical, Spiritual, Occupational, Emotional, Environmental, Intellectual, Social.
- Collaborate with university departments to prioritize health and well-being across campus.
Through participation within Campus Recreation facilities, programs and services, students will be able to:
- Engage in behaviors and contribute to environments that promote health and well-being.
- Explore personal well-being and take an active role in their personal wellness.
- Establish healthy habits leading to a healthier lifestyle.
- Make purposeful decisions regarding balance among education, work, and leisure time.
- Discover co-curricular experiences outside the classroom that contribute to personal development.
- Better understand, embrace and confidently engage diverse populations.
- Have fun and develop healthy, mutually beneficial relationships with others through social interaction and activity.
- Cultivate a sense of belonging and recognize their connection to the campus community.
In addition to the learning outcomes listed above, TeamRec Staff and Sport Club Officers will be able to:
- Demonstrate practical competence in basic transferable job skills.
- Identify an awareness of diversity and contribute to an inclusive social climate and welcoming environment.
- Experience leadership and development opportunities.
- Facilitate the civic engagement of others while assisting individual and/or groups in meeting their goals.