Princeton University Campus Recreation
Mission Statement (2019)
Campus Recreation engages the Princeton University community in co-curricular experiences to inspire lifelong health and well-being.
We aspire to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment where Campus Rec can be the best part of your day!
- Core Values
Princeton Athletics is proud of its unparalleled tradition of Education Through Athletics and Competitive Excellence.
To be a TIGER at Princeton means making the most of incredible opportunities to Achieve, Serve and Lead.
It means developing the values that define the culture of the Department of Athletics:
to be Accountable and Team-oriented; to have Integrity; to be Growth-minded; Engaged, and Respectful.
- Our Goals
- Provide an atmosphere where FUN is valued.
- Create and strengthen a sense of belonging and community.
- Cultivate leaders through professional and staff development opportunities.
- Research latest trends and provide modern equipment and facility spaces.
- Deliver diverse recreational opportunities that engage our entire campus.
- Offer programs and services that strive for promoting positive well-being across the seven dimensions of the UMatter Wellness Wheel: Physical, Spiritual, Occupational, Emotional, Environmental, Intellectual, Social.
- Collaborate with university departments to prioritize health and well-being across campus.
- Learning Outcomes
Through participation within Campus Recreation facilities, programs and services, students will be able to:
- Engage in behaviors and contribute to environments that promote health and well-being.
- Explore personal well-being and take an active role in their personal wellness.
- Establish healthy habits leading to a healthier lifestyle.
- Make purposeful decisions regarding balance among education, work, and leisure time.
- Discover co-curricular experiences outside the classroom that contribute to personal development.
- Better understand, embrace and confidently engage diverse populations.
- Have fun and develop healthy, mutually beneficial relationships with others through social interaction and activity.
- Cultivate a sense of belonging and recognize their connection to the campus community.
In addition to the learning outcomes listed above, TeamRec Staff and Sport Club Officers will be able to:
- Demonstrate practical competence in basic transferable job skills.
- Identify an awareness of diversity and contribute to an inclusive social climate and welcoming environment.
- Experience leadership and development opportunities.
- Facilitate the civic engagement of others while assisting individuals and/or groups in meeting their goals.
- Statements of Solidarity