Campus Recreation Internship Application
Campus Recreation offers internship/co-op opportunities on the Princeton University campus for students to apply the education and skills obtained in the classroom to “real-life” working situations in the area of Campus Recreation. The purpose of the internship/co-op program is to offer the student a practical application experience, and opportunity to learn about the foundation of the department and program areas. Students will have the opportunity to apply prior course work and integrate theory with practical learning while receiving mentorship and supervision from a professional staff member.
Facilities and Operations
For more information on this position, contact Dan Bennett.
For more information on this position, contact Matt Brzycki.
- At the conclusion of the internship/co-op, each student will be responsible for demonstrating how they have met the following learning outcomes:
- Be able to identify and relate how internship/co-op has directly related to the mission and values of Campus Recreation.
- Be able to identify at least two ways internship/co-op experience has increased career preparedness.
- Individual learning outcomes may be developed in the following areas:
- Disciplinary expertise and/or professional development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Communication and/or collaboration
- Ethics and social responsibility
- Diversity, internationalization and/or multicultural competence
- Engagement and/or citizenship
- Sustainability and/or healthy living
- All applicants must be a current undergraduate or graduate student looking for an internship or Co-op opportunity for academic credit.
- Candidates should have aspirations toward a career in Campus Recreation or Student Affairs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Commitment to professionalism and quality customer service
- Complete all hours according to schedule arranged with internship/co-op supervisor
- Regular meetings and exit interview with internship/co-op supervisor
- End of project presentation
- Commitment to Campus Recreation mission and values
- Possess or willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certifications