Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Fitness
Stephens Fitness Center
Bachelor of Science, Health and Physical Education, The Pennsylvania State University, 1983
- Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Fitness, Princeton University, Jun 2007 to present
- Coordinator of Recreational Fitness and Wellness Programs, Princeton University, Mar 2001 to Jun 2007
- Coordinator of Health Fitness, Strength and Conditioning, Princeton University, Dec 1993 to Mar 2001
- Health Fitness Coordinator/Strength and Conditioning Coach, Princeton University, Aug 1990 to Dec 1993
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, Rutgers University, Sep 1984 to Jul 1990
- Health Fitness Supervisor, Princeton University, May 1983 to Sep 1984
- United States Marine Corps, Aug 1975 to Aug 1979
Areas of Expertise
- general fitness
- strength training
- facility management
- Authored eight books: A Practical Approach to Strength and Conditioning, 5th ed (1989, 1991, 1995, 2012 and 2018); Youth Strength and Conditioning (1995); Cross Training for Fitness (1997); Wrestling Strength: Prepare to Win (2002); Wrestling Strength: The Competitive Edge (2002); Wrestling Strength: Dare to Excel (2004); The Essential Guide to At-Home Training (2005); and Wrestling Strength: Accept the Challenge (2007).
- Co-authored seven books: Conditioning for Basketball (1993); SWAT Fitness (2003); Conditioning for Baseball (2004); The Female Athlete: Train for Success (2004); The Female Athlete: Reach for Victory (2005); Dumbbell Training for Strength and Fitness (2006); and Youth Fitness: An Action Plan for Shaping America’s Kids (2008).
- Edited two books: Maximize Your Training: Insights from Leading Strength and Fitness Professionals (1999) and Get Fit New Jersey! (2006).
- Authored more than 530 articles/columns on strength and fitness that have appeared in 48 different print publications, including American Fitness; Athletic Business; Athletic Journal; Coach and Athletic Director; Fitness Management; Jersey Firefighters; The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance; LAW and ORDER; Martial Arts Training; Muscular Development; New Jersey COPS; The New Jersey Police Chief; Pennsylvania Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance; Powerlifting Canada; Strength and Health; S.W.A.T; Tactical Response; Texas Coach; Training and Conditioning; Women's Sports and Fitness; and Wrestling USA.