Summer Day Camp
SUMMER 2021 ANNOUNCEMENT
We are excited to offer our Princeton University Summer Day Camp again in 2021! Please read carefully below, as our offerings have changed due to COVID-19 policy restrictions and precautions.
- We will only be able to offer enrollment to children of current Faculty and Staff members, who are entering grades 1-8 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Registration will open for weekly enrollment on Friday, April 16, 2021.
- Camp day will run from 8:30am-4:30pm, and there will be no Post-Camp offering this year.
- Camp will be offered for 8 weeks, from June 21 through August 13, 2021 (see details to the right).
- Camp enrollment will be maxed at 100 campers per week. A waitlist will be maintained, if necessary.
- The following pricing will apply for 2021 camp enrollment:
- $250 per week, per individual camper; $200 for Week 3 enrollment.
- $225 per week, per child for families who are enrolling multiple children in the same week(s) of camp; $175 for Week 3 enrollment.
- Deposit are required upon registration, in the amount of $100 per weekly registration. Full payment required by June 11, 2021.
- There will be no formal registration separation for Junior/Senior camp, though groups will be separated age-appropriately, into groups of 10.
- Counselor in Training (CIT) Program will be offered for candidates entering grades 9-12, at a rate of $100 per week. However, we will be limited to only hosting six CITs per week. See CIT Program details for more information.
OPERATIONAL ADJUSTMENTS/COVID-19 SAFETY COMPLIANCE INFORMATION:
Subject to change, in accordance to policy/guideline developments issued by the State of NJ and/or Princeton University.
- Parents would be asked to sign a social contract attesting to following Princeton University public health principles during the time that their children are in camp and their obligation to report
- Travel of the camper
- Exposure of the camper to a known COVID case or a positive test of the camper performed outside the University in the 10 days before their camper starts and for another week after their camper’s end of camp participation
- Campers are subject to travel quarantine based on the NJ travel advisory and would not be allowed to return to camp if they travel to high risk areas that warrant quarantine upon their return.
- Daily symptom screenings conducted for all campers and staff.
- Counselor will participate in weekly COVID testing protocol, provided by Princeton University.
- Masks required to be worn at all times by staff, required for campers when indoors, recommended for campers when outdoors.
- 6-foot distance maintained among staff and campers, whenever possible.
- Camper groups would be restricted to groups of 10; groups will need to be maintained throughout the week with same counselor assignments.
- Campers are responsible to bring their own lunches every day (including Fridays). It is still being determined if snacks can be provided by Princeton University Summer Day Camp.
- Daily camp activities will be selected with COVID-19 safety considerations as priority.
- Activities will be held outdoors, wherever possible (e.g. Dillon Front Lawn, Pyne Drive Lawn, Spellman Lawn, etc.)
- No field trips or guest entertainers will be offered.
- Free swim will be offered in adjusted capacity; swim instruction offering still being determined.
- Indoor activities will be limited to passive activities and will be spaced accordingly to meet all capacity/occupancy limitations (certified through Princeton University Environmental Health & Safety.
- Parent/Guardian in-person interaction restricted; Camper drop-off and pick up processes still need to be determined by Transportation and Parking/Campus Recreation.
Additionally, the operations of our camp will meet and maintain the guidelines set forth by the State of New Jersey:
- Youth Camp Safety Standards N.J.A.C. 8:25
- Executive Order 149
- Executive Directive No. 20-021 Youth Camp
2021 Camp Weeks
|Week 1||June 21 - June 25|
|Week 2||June 28 - July 2|
|Week 3||July 6 - 9 (no camp July 5th)|
|Week 4||July 12 - 16|
|Week 5||July 19 - 23|
|Week 6||July 26 - 30|
|Week 7||August 2 - 6|
|Week 8||August 9 - 13|