Summer 2021 Updates
We are excited to offer our Princeton University Summer Day Camp again in 2021! Please read carefully below, as our offerings have changed due to COVID-19 policy restrictions and precautions.
- We will only be able to offer enrollment to children of current Faculty and Staff members, who are entering grades 1-8 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Registration will open for weekly enrollment on Friday, April 16, 2021.
- Camp will be offered for 8 weeks, from June 21 through August 13, 2021.
- Week 1 – June 21-25
- Week 2 – June 28-July 2
- Week 3* – July 6-9* There is no camp on Monday, July 5th.
- Week 4 – July 12-16
- Week 5 – July 19-23
- Week 6 – July 26-30
- Week 7 – August 2-6
- Week 8 – August 9-13
- Camp enrollment will be maxed at 100 campers per week. A waitlist will be maintained, if necessary.
OPERATIONAL ADJUSTMENTS/COVID-19 SAFETY COMPLIANCE INFORMATION:
Subject to change, in accordance to policy/guideline developments issued by the State of NJ and/or Princeton University.
- Parents would be asked to sign a social contract attesting to following Princeton University public health principles during the time that their children are in camp and their obligation to report
- Travel of the camper
- Exposure of the camper to a known COVID case or a positive test of the camper performed outside the University in the 10 days before their camper starts and for another week after their camper’s end of camp participation
- Campers are subject to travel quarantine based on the NJ travel advisory and would not be allowed to return to camp if they travel to high risk areas that warrant quarantine upon their return.
- Daily symptom screenings conducted for all campers and staff.
- Counselor will participate in weekly COVID testing protocol, provided by Princeton University.
- Masks required to be worn at all times by staff, required for campers when indoors, recommended for campers when outdoors.
- 6-foot distance maintained among staff and campers, whenever possible.
- Daily camp activities will be selected with COVID-19 safety considerations as priority.
- Activities will be held outdoors, wherever possible (e.g. Dillon Front Lawn, Pyne Drive Lawn, Spellman Lawn, etc.)
- No field trips or guest entertainers will be offered.
- Free swim will be offered in adjusted capacity; swim instruction offering still being determined.
- Indoor activities will be limited to passive activities and will be spaced accordingly to meet all capacity/occupancy limitations (certified through Princeton University Environmental Health & Safety.
- Parent/Guardian in-person interaction restricted; Camper drop-off and pick up processes still need to be determined by Transportation and Parking/Campus Recreation.
Additionally, the operations of our camp will meet and maintain the guidelines set forth by the State of New Jersey:
- Youth Camp Safety Standards N.J.A.C. 8:25
- Executive Order 149
- Executive Directive No. 20-021 Youth Camp
Camp drop off is between 8:30-9:00am and camp pick up is between 4:00-4:30pm. We will not be offering post camp this year.
We accept campers who are entering grades 1 through 8 in the 2021-2022 academic year. Campers will be placed in age-appropriate groups of 10. Camp groups will be maintained throughout the week.
Click here to register.
Lunch & Snacks
Please don't let your camper leave home without lunch and a beverage. We ask that you please do not send money with your camper to buy a beverage on campus as we cannot escort the campers to stores or vending machines.
Shorts, T-shirts, and sneakers are appropriate. Due to the activities scheduled for each day, we ask that you do not allow the campers to wear sandals or crocs to camp. This footwear can be dangerous to the children and can cause injury when participating in athletic activities.
Campers will need bathing suits and towels each day. We also recommend you provide sunscreen on days when the camp is traveling. On cool days, please provide your camper with a light jacket or sweat